Anthony Rapp 'gratified' by response to his allegations against Kevin Spacey

Marie Harrington
December 6, 2017

Netflix has announced production on the sixth season of House of Cards will resume early next year - without Kevin Spacey.

"We're really excited about bringing some closure to the show for fans", said Sarandos, speaking Monday at UBS's Global Media and Communications Conference in NY.

Actor Anthony Rapp says he is "gratified" by the responses he has received in the wake of his sexual misconduct allegations against Kevin Spacey.

"I can bring you news today because we found an arrangement to produce a sixth season of House of Cards".

More news: Rex Burkhead's 2 second-half TDs cap off Patriots' big win

The streaming service claimed it had nothing to do with the news surrounding Spacey, but the timing proved to be even more convenient when, days later, the actor was hit with multiple more assault and harassment allegations, this time leading the streaming network to fire him entirely.

It's nearly certain that the focus of the show will now be put on Robin Wright, who plays Claire, the wife of Kevin Spacey's character, Frank Underwood. It was considered likely that Spacey would be written out of the show. The final season will not include Spacey, as previously announced. "We're excited for the 370 people who make "House of Cards" and have done the best work of their lives on that show; for the 2,000 people in Baltimore who have come to depend on that show for their jobs". Producer Media Rights Capital suspended him.

Netflix also decided not to move forward with a film starring Spacey as Gore Vidal. Rapp said recently that he's experienced some backlash for going public with his accusations against Spacey, including from some House of Cards fans who had criticized Rapp for putting House of Cards' employees out of work indefinitely.

House of Cards was Netflix's first original series order.

Other reports by TheSundaySentinel

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER