Actress Paz de la Huerta alleges Weinstein raped her twice

Emilio Banks
November 4, 2017

New York City police confirm they are building a rape case against Harvey Weinstein.

Detectives in NY believe they have enough evidence to arrest Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced Hollywood mogul, after an actress claimed he raped her twice in the city in 2010. De la Huerta claims that the former studio head forcibly raped her on two separate occasions, each of which fall under New York State's statute of limitations for rape in the first degree.

Detectives say her story is believable and have corroborated parts of her story.

Now Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce has told reporters: "She put forth a credible and detailed narrative to us. No doubt", he said, according to AP.

"We have an actual case here". But we're talking about a seven-year-old case.

Weinstein allegedly offered her a ride home to her Tribeca apartment, where de la Huerta said Weinstein demanded to come inside and have a drink.

More news: Aston Martin unveils Vanquish S Ultimate

"He pushed me on the bed", she said, "and it happened all very suddenly".

The investigation comes a month after The New York Times published an expose of sexual harassment allegations against Weinstein, leading to his firing from the company he co-founded and his expulsion from the organization that bestows the Academy Awards.

The NYPD has opened another sexual assault probe against Harvey Weinstein after an actress accused the fallen movie mogul of raping her in 2010. She had been drinking and was not in a condition to give consent, CBS reported the actress said. We are actively investigating them. Police investigated it as a possible case of forcible touching, a misdemeanor with a two-year time limit for bringing charges under NY law.

Writers Megan Twohey and William K. Rashbaum wrote that they learned from three people versed on the matter (who wished to remain anonymous) that "the office of the United States attorney for the Southern District of NY is examining whether fraud occurred when the money went to a theater that had staged a musical produced by Mr. Weinstein".

Earlier on Friday, in response to media reports, Joan Vollero, a spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., told Reuters, "A senior sex crimes prosecutor is assigned to this investigation, and the Office has been working with our partners in the NYPD since the new allegations came to light".

Other reports by TheSundaySentinel

Discuss This Article